Sunday, May 20, 2012

Poetry


Poetry,
I thought I knew something about you

I thought I knew
To touch you with words
To pick up your little petals inside my head
And hold them together in a long-stemmed rose 

I thought when I touched you with words
All the rivers roared in your body 
And you trembled
Like the body of a virgin trembles
When touched for the first time

I thought I knew you by heart
The rhythm in your respiration
The softness in your soul

But Poetry,
I feel fooled by your mystique
I have strayed
And lost my way in the forest
Of words
I know nothing about you
I know nothing about nothing
And there's so much to learn from nothing
To know a little about you

Poetry, I could never touch you 
For, words were in the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home