Sunday, April 03, 2011

RELOAD

It is one of those times, when it seems someone just knocked the air out of your lungs. The most difficult tussles are the ones you have with yourself. Forgiveness is toughest when it needs you to forgive yourself.

I have finally chosen to let it leave me. Sometimes when a ship's moving with an iceberg tailed to it, someone or something needs to break chunks from the bigger piece, so it can move forward again, effortlessly.

For, life is too brief, I want to be weightless again. I will let this burden leave me. I will reload. I will forgive myself. I will not carry the guilt. For, it's been so draining emotionally. There has been a time when I could not look into my eyes in the mirror. Not because of what I had done, but how I had done it. I think it is true for most blunders in life, it is not what you do but how you do it.

I know it is sad to let go of old branches, but sometimes when you need to grow, you have to get rid of a few branches to grow taller and stronger. In this case  I have been asked to leave anyways and I need to pack my bags for I cannot do anything to change this; I cannot be sticky to a place  that has forgotten me. I have to forget this place, too.

Or, maybe, more than the place, the echoes of my own laughters and cries that reflected from the walls and ceilings of the place, stunning me by the music created by their own reverberations. 

I have to forget that for once, I thought I had found a nest warmer than home.
And I know I can do this.

For it is not always relevant to preserve memories, specially when they weigh so heavy inside your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home