Saturday, July 23, 2011

I have started smoking. It is a shame, but it is true. EFLU spoiled me.

I am really sick these days. I am always out of breath and all my clothes are suddenly loose. Yesterday, I had trouble sleeping at night. I feel tired all the time.

I have stopped feeling homesick. I am alone but I like it, although sometimes I get very lonely and melancholic.

I have started preferring people only in small doses. Most people annoy me after a certain thresh-hold period of company. I get irritated by people who are snooty, more than I used to and I have started having CERELAC WHEAT, STAGE 1. Everyday, I boil water in my electric heater, mix it with 8 spoons of cerelac in a tiffin box, add sugar if there's any in the room and eat with a white spoon. My roomie strongly recommends me to wear Pampers to lab, so that I don't have to go to the loo in the middle of experiments. I love my roomie. She is amazing.

I do not miss anyone anymore. I have moved on like someone, and unlike someone else. I am auditing English classes. Yesterday I went for this awesome Socio-Linguistics class in the Department of English, School of Humanities. The professor was some 70 years old and we talked for 10 mins in the corridor about animal vocabulary.
On Monday, I plan to audit another class, a creative writing class, taken by a gay poet called Hoshang Merchant. I am slightly bored, in other words. In fact, I am so bored that I even sit and study these days. I am so ashamed of myself.

I watched a Hindi movie called 'Zindagi na milegi doabara'. I loved the Hindi poetry in the movie; which reminds me that I haven't written poetry in a long, long time.

My MSc project will start, come Monday. I got the lab I wanted. I'll work on DNA damage response in yeast. It is going to be a tough semester.

Finally, I realised something about life. It can get really boring unless you work on it. And everything including love, joy, grief is only transient. You just need to kill time doing something that keeps you occupied enough.


I also realised that I am not quite the girlfriend material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home