Sunday, August 30, 2015

#

For the last couple of days, the only thing I have enjoyed doing is to figure out the various ways of reaching StudioTheater in DC from Ashburn in Virginia. The optimal time-point in the day that I should take the shuttle. The optimal route I should take to reach 14th Street NW by 5:30 PM from Mc Pherson Square Metro Entrance at 5:15 PM. I have done this again and again. Because, the only thing that I am looking forward to in my life right now, it seems, is starting my Septemer acting classes. And I know I am going ridiculously overboard with this. I have reduced my bank balance to approximately zero. I will have to leave work in the middle of the day every Monday. I will have to commute almost 2 hours each way, each day. Which is, 8 hours of commute every week. 32 hours, every month. But I really have convinced myself that I need to take these classes, for my sanity. (They say, 'choose happiness because no one else will choose it for you'). So, come September, I will have acting classes on Mondays, and improv classes on Saturdays. Plus, I am thinking of taking a few leisurely trips to DC on the other days, to watch some shows. And I do not know how I will finish this PhD thing meanwhile, by the way. Don't ask me. I may or may not graduate. But life is too short to be taken seriously. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home