Tuesday, May 06, 2014

I want to listen to the rain with some peace of mind.

Peace of mind comes rarely, and more so the moment you realise how wonderful it was.

I am terribly, terribly grateful to be alive. To be able to breathe, see, taste, feel, smell, speak, write.

I want to do simple things today, with someone I love. Fold clothes, cook together, wash dishes. I am weary of prisons and sufferings and knowing things I wish I didn't know - all I need is some corner where nobody comes and I can be on my own or with a person I feel peaceful with. For, peace of mind comes rarely.

I fear this could be my last chance to run my fingers through someone's hair. I suddenly realise how much I love to do this.
I suddenly notice the small moments we spent together, on the bay at Murano Islands and at Louvre and the Sistin Chapel. Moments - so transient and ephemeral, that they were over before I noticed they started.

Someone told me yesterday, "the big moments are great and wonderful, but they are not life. life is the tiny moments we take for granted".

I feel a change. I feel overwhelmed by the invincible courage in human hearts, I feel there are more things to admire in humans than despise, I feel the most important thing in life is the warmth of a loving heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home