Sunday, July 28, 2013

Someone once told me I would make a tender, beautiful mother one day. Just shouldn't tell them how I lived my life.
I cannot promise I wouldn't. Although maybe it is a good idea. What I go through or am going through are probably not exclusive in my life. I am sure I am not the first one and I am definitely sure I wouldn't be the last one.

I think there are two kinds of people in this world. One, that believes in stability and the other that believes in experiences. That said, I donot believe it is that black and white. There is one kind that mostly believes in stability and there is one kind which mostly believes in experiences. There's the other kind which is confused but we will not talk about confused people today. Because I assume we mostly know who we are and which of these we are after a point in life, for sure. We are not going to talk about pretending to be confused, either, today.

Long ago I had decided that one day I would pack my bags and go for a long, long journey, reading and writing poetry all my way, till the end. I was thirteen years old then. I guess everything built up on this decision. I did a bit of science and discovered it was nice. I told the world that's the only reason why I am leaving home. But of course I blatantly lied.

Today, I think I no longer need to tell myself that that was the only reason I left home. I couldn't have done science back home, no matter how much funding I received. I did not need money, and I still donot think that I am very keen on earning as much, as much as I want to live. I have been dissuaded from the Rai-way many times. From old-lovers and well wishers and best friends. Before long they gave up; some accepted me. Some left. But of course, I think, nothing, nobody, nowhere can take away from me, my passion for the road, my romance for finding poetry and writing poetry and my adrenaline for new, unforeseen experiences. As I have travelled, I have met many interesting people, I have touched many strange emotions, I have broken my heart many times, I have known what love is, and I have known what living is. I have gone with the flow and every time, I have known when to stop. Maybe I got lucky but I like to believe that one always knows. One always knows in the marrow of their bones what to do and how to recover from everything.

And since one always knows this, I strongly recommend to you, whoever you are and wherever you are and whatever you do, to let go and live a little bit. I strongly recommend to you that you live this life, albeit not on loan. Live it after you have earned it. Because if you have earned it yourself, without anybody's help, with only the power of your own dreams and passion, you will live it really and entirely, without guilt or sadness.
And then maybe you too will discover, like me, that there are a million shades of blue-grays in this world.



1 Comments:

Blogger Minko said...

I doff my hat, as always, to the blue-grey tinge of your Rai-ness. May you always remain true to your side of the truth.
I have changed my directions and inclinations—too many times perhaps—in search of the ever elusive centre. Turning, turning, and turning in the widening gyre, I have exchanged the spring years for late autumn, and realised that nothing holds for ever.
No regrets, no second coming, in the name of the bearded saint and his clan of fishermen! :)
I'm still a sissy, no?


8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home